Friday, April 25, 2008

A Week of Warm Weather

I know some of you who decided to go ahead and check my blog will be shocked to find it updated yet again! I am a bloggin' fool these days! Okay, maybe not, but I am getting better! I told you all I was going to try and take more pictures so more pictures equals more blogging!

Not too much has been going on around our house lately. We have all really been enjoying the warmer weather! I wouldn't say we we are ready for summer yet, but the warm sunny days have been nice. The boys absolutely love playing outside so we have been taking advantage of the nice weather! We let the boys play in the water for the first time yesterday and they of course had a blast. It seemed a little cool to me but they did not seem to mind!

These next two pictures are of Brady and Collin "washing" my van!
Is a normal smile too much to ask for???
Logan was pretty funny. All he wanted to do was drink the water!
Yesterday afternoon Logan comes in to the kitchen covered in a clear goopy mess! It was all over his clothes, arms, hands, face, and even in his hair! I could not figure out what in the world it was until I discovered the open jar of Vaseline in the living room! He had found it under one of the bathroom cabinets and decided it looked like fun I guess. It was such a mess! I don't know if you know how hard Vaseline is to get out of hair but trust me when I say it ain't easy! (Don't ask me how I know this because it is a long story aka "The Halloween Incident of 1986"). Anyhoo, I had to snap a picture of him before we cleaned him up and believe me when I say the picture does not truly show how messy he was! I guess it is time to put the child-proof locks on the cabinets.......


These next pictures are from another afternoon this week playing outside. Brady had a great time riding his bike and Collin and Logan enjoyed chasing each other around the yard!
I love this next "action sequence" that Jay captured!

*No children were injured during the making of the above action sequence.*

Collin pouting because I would not let him walk to the park.

On Wednesday Brady and I went to a "Kindergartner/Kindergarten Parent Orientation" at what will be Brady's elementary school this fall. I was really excited to go and hear what to expect his first year of school and meet the teachers, etc. What I was not prepared for was how emotional I was the whole time we were there! Seriously, there were several times that my eyes would just fill up with tears and I had to fight the urge to cry! I got so sad thinking of my baby going to school! Is this normal behavior? Someone please re-assure me that it is! I guess it just really made it "real" for me that he is a big boy now! He, however, had a great time. He loved seeing the classrooms and all of the books in the library so that did make me feel a little better! We will see how he does on the first day of school! They told us that we should not cry when we leave our firstborn children in the hands of complete strangers on the first day of school, that we need to leave on a positive note....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I couldn't make it through the orientation! I have a lot of praying to do between now and August!! Until next time, love to you all!!!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Those pictures are fantastic!!! I especially love the ones of the car wash. Lucky you :) Your boys are truly adorable!

Your feelings about Kindergarten are completely normal! It was so hard to send Chase to Kindergarten. I know that Brady will do great. He is so charming and smart - you know that is true. You will cry like a baby, but you will get through it. It is so hard to send them off and to watch them grow up. I have been sad every single time that one of the boys have started Kindergarten. The Kindergarten teachers are great there, so at least you don't have to worry about that part!

See-Dub said...

Yes, yes, yes, that's normal! I cried when Ryan started kindergarten, and two years later when Katie started, I BAWLED! It helps to see the kids so excited about school, but it's a milestone for Mom, too!

Your boys are too cute! YEA for another update!

PB said...

Go ahead and cry girl! I promise you were not and will not be the only one. I cried the first day I took Josh, and he cried everyday after till about...hmm...second grade. In fact he cried the other night about going to school and he's a SIXTH grader. You will both get through it.

Send your boys my way I need my car washed. Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my boys! Brady is looking so much more like a little boy now. Go ahead and cry. I cried the entire week before T started kinder. I will probably be crying again this year as he starts middle school.

We had a incident like logan excpet it involved desitine. Let's just say it does not come off walls!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Lisa said...

While I can not speak to the trauma of dropping a child off for his first day of school, I will say that I cried a full week before Mags had to start daycare and while I did not cry when I dropped her off that first day I did cry all the way to work. Heck, sometimes I still cry. (Monday's are hard after having two full days of her to ourselves!) There was a particular song that really ministered to me during that time. It's by Third Day and is called "Tunnel." Basically says there's a light at the end of this tunnel - and there is!!

Love yall and can't wait to see you all soon!

Jennifer said...

I am so cracking up at the pictures of Brady biting it on his bike. Too funny!

I'm so glad and proud that you updated again already. Way to go!

As for the kindergarten thing, my heart dropped when I read about the orientation (ours is in May) I get teary eyed just thinking about it. I too will have to pray so hard for that first day so that I'm not a mess in front of others. I'm really nervous that I won't be able to control myself!

tamandscott said...

I will be a wreck on kindergarten day! Good thing we all have each other! The pics of the boys are great.:)